THE PROCTER & GAMBLE LOOK FAB CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF CANADA. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
a. be a legal resident of Canada;
b. be of the age of majority or older in his/her province of residence or older at time of entry; and
c. be legally able to travel to the United States.
Employees of CanWest MediaWorks Publications Inc., Global Communications Corp., CanWest Interactive, The Media Company, Procter & Gamble, . (“Sponsors”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (Warner) and their affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members or immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. In these Contest rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters, whether or not they reside in the same household.
This Contest is void where prohibited by law. Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time could result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsors for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Entry or entrant in its sole discretion, should any Entry or entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. DEADLINES FOR ENTRY. The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“E.S.T.”) on Friday, March 24, 2006 and closes at 12:00 p.m. E.S.T. on Monday, July 31, 2006 (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest.
a) HOW TO ENTER VIA INTERNET: Fill out the online Entry form at the Contest website at lookfab (the “Contest Website”) or canada.com (searchword: “Look Fab”). Limit of one (1) Entry per person / email address per household per day.
Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Multiple entries by the same person using one or more e-mail account(s) shall result in disqualification. All entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period.
Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will be accepted. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. Potential winners may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof of identification and eligibility (address and birth date) and proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry.
b) HOW TO ENTER VIA MAIL: Fill out an official Entry form available at participating retailers, or print your name, address and telephone number on a plain piece of paper, confirm compliance with the rules with your signature and mail your completed Entry with sufficient postage to: Limit one (1) Entry per envelope. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted
Submission of the Entry form online or by mail constitutes an “Entry” in the Contest. All Entries become the property of the Sponsors and none will be returned. Entries will only be accepted online or by registered mail. No Entries will be accepted by any other means. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected Entries or Entries not received in time for the random draw
a. There will be one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) awarded to the Contest Winner (“Winner”) consisting of:
Two (2) return economy airfare tickets for Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) from the airport nearest Winner’s residence to Los Angeles, California, USA. six (6) nights economy hotel accommodation (double occupancy); two (2) standard tickets to a Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour, including a visit to the Gilmore Girls Stars Hollow set; a makeover, including a hair and make-up consultation with a Warner hair and make-up artist; Winner will also receive a Five Thousand Dollar ($5,000.00 USD) shopping spree; and One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00 USD) spending money, to be shared with the guest at the winner’s discretion. Winner and Guest must travel together, departing from the same airport, on the dates required or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of Eleven Thousand Dollars ($11,000.00 CDN).(US exchange rate based on 16%) Actual value will depend on location of Winner’s residence. Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any.
b. Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute any and all of the Grand Prize for another prize of equal or greater value should all or part of the Grand Prize become unavailable for any reason.
c. Winner and Guest are solely responsible for transportation between Winner’s residence and originating departure airport, overnight layover hotel accommodation, travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, gratuities, taxes, levies, airport improvement fees, meals, beverages, optional excursions, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, in-room charges, incidentals, spending money, and any other expense not specifically described as included in the Grand Prize. Winner and guest are also responsible for all costs incurred to and from the departure points as the prize starts and terminates from there.
d. Trip fulfillment to occur before December 15, 2007. Flight dates and accommodation are subject to change without notice or compensation. Should Winner and/or Guest be unable to travel on the dates and times designated by Sponsors, the prize package will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner.
e. Winner and Guest must hold proper travel documentation, including passports and visas, if applicable, and must comply with any and all customs and immigration requirements. It is recommended that Winner and Guest obtain sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
The Winner shall be selected as follows:
a. On Wednesday, August 3, 2006 in Toronto, Ontario at 10:00 a.m. E.S.T., one (1) potential Winner will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received via all methods of Entry. The odds of being selected as a potential Winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received via all methods of Entry. Before being declared Winner, potential Winner will be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question during a pre-arranged telephone call, and to comply with the Contest rules.
b. The prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted exactly as awarded.
c. The Judges, at their absolute discretion, shall select the Winner based upon the above criteria. All decisions of the judges will be final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
d. THE SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2006 AT 4:00 P.M. E.S.T. AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected potential Winner must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification and the selected potential Winner’s response must be received by Sponsors, within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected potential Winner does not respond in accordance with the Contest rules or the selected potential Winner does not comply with the Contest rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Grand Prize and another potential Winner will be selected. Sponsors, are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of selected potential Winner to receive notification or for receipt of the selected potential Winner’s response.
e. Winner and Guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (the “Release”) that confirms their Winner’s and Guest’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors, Warner and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, and administrators from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or mis-use of any prize including without limitation, costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to Sponsors and Warner of the unrestricted right, in Sponsors’ and Warner’s collective or individual discretion, to publish without any further compensation the name, picture, portrait, likeness, audio-video recording, interview, voice and ideas and any website dissemination or broadcast thereof of that entrant for advertising and promotional purposes, including a winner’s list. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the notification or the selected potential Winner will be disqualified and any prize forfeited.
f. If either Winner or Guest is under the age of twenty-one (21) years at the time of travel, he/she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over the age of twenty-five (25) years. If travel partner is a legal guardian, legal guardian must be over 25 years of age and of the same sex as the Winner. The parent or legal guardian will be required to execute a parental release (“Parental Release”) in order to travel.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
a. All Entries become property of the Sponsors upon receipt and will not be returned and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
b. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Website or any related website, or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
c. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANTS. By entering the Contest, entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless Sponsors, Warner and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest rules, or in any prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify Sponsors and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. CONDUCT. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) violating the Contest rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, and/or any canada.com Website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of the Contest Website and/or any canada.com property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE ANY RELEVANT E-MAIL OR INTERNET ACCOUNT, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any Release or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Website, and/or any canada.com website and the Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Winner assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize.
11. WINNERS LIST. The name of Winner and their respective city of residence will be posted on the Contest Website.
12. TERMINATION. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, Sponsors reserve the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property and all of the promotional materials, web pages and source code are owned by Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. CANWEST MEDIAWORKS INC. is a trademark of CanWest Global Communications Corp., used under licence.
14. LAWS. These are official Contest rules. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors.
15. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.